You are invited to submit a paper to the 39th Australasian Transport Research Forum (ATRF) Conference to be held in Auckland, New Zealand from 27th to 29th November 2017.
This year the Call for Papers includes both Research Papers and Professional Practice Papers. The intention is to bring together transport researchers, policymakers, advisors and practitioners from a range of disciplines to share and build upon the latest research and thinking.
There will be no call for abstracts this year. Instead, full papers should be submitted through EasyChair by 30 June 2017* for Research Papers and 31 July 2017 for Professional Practice Papers. Papers submitted after these dates may be deemed ineligible for presentation at the conference.
The paper submission link will be operational from 19 May 2017.
ATRF conferences cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Freight & logistics
- Traffic modelling, forecasting & simulation
- Transport analysis & big data
- Active transport (cycling, walking, etc.)
- Public transport
- Transport & land use / urban design
- Planning and policy
- Transport economics, impacts and environment
- Aviation / Maritime
- ITS connected and autonomous vehicles
- Future funding and pricing
- Transport materials and design
- Travel behaviour change & demand management
- Transport for the mobility disadvantaged
All authors should note that papers will be assessed by at least two referees for Research Papers and at least one referee for Professional Practice Papers with expertise in the subject area, using the following criteria:
· Level of innovation and originality
· Contribution to transport knowledge
· Relevance to transport practitioners across a wide range of areas of interest
· Clarity of written presentation and compliance with the format specifications
Papers which lack substantial research or professional practice content, which present statements unsupported by evidence, or which inappropriately promote a particular product or service are unlikely to be accepted without major revision.
Finally, please note that you must be registered in order to present a paper at the conference. Registration will open shortly.
* This date has been extended from the originally advertised date.